Foundation Spring 2016
The foundation curriculum is all about learning through play and exploration both indoors and out. This term we had a lot of fun learning about space. We even discovered an alien had crash landed in our outdoor area so the Reception children became reporters and made a film on the ipads to tell us what happened. Since half term we have been exploring colour. We have had a lot of fun doing colour experiments. World book day meant a week enjoying the Gruffalo, eating Gruffalo crumble and dressing up on World Book Day as one of the Characters.
Next term our topics are Spring, Growth and travel – who knows where we will end up but we will have a lot of fun learning through play and exploration whatever the weather.
In Foundation we begin teaching children to read through daily phonics sessions. Phonemes and graphemes are taught through games and activities using the “Letters and Sounds” programme. Children are given phonic bases reading books when they can blend sounds.
- Foundation Stage Topics 2016-17
- Year 1 and 2 Curriculum Map 2016-17
- Year 1/2 Spring Term Curriculum Map
- Year1/2 Summer Term Curriculum Map
- Year 1/2 Autumn Term Curriculum Map
- Year 1/2 Curriculum Cycle
- Year 1 English and Mathematics Curriculum
- Year 2 English and Mathematics Curriculum
- Year 3 and 4 Long Term Planning
- Year 3/4 Curriculum Map
- Year 3/4 English and Mathematics Curriculum
- Year 5/6 English and Mathematics Curriculum
- Year 5 and Year 6 Autumn Term planner
- Year 5 and Year 6 Spring Term planner
- Year 5 and Year 6 Summer Term Planner
- Long Term Planning Year 6 2016
Please click on the links below for Curriculum Policies